NX CAD/CAM from Siemens was previously known as UG i.e. Unigraphics.
It is an advanced high end solution for CAD/CAM/CAE.
It is a direct competitor for software like: SolidWorks, Creo, CATIA, and Autodesk Inventor.
NX CAM after integrating with other NX solutions allows NC programmers & manufacturing engineers to associatively access complete designing, drafting & assembly tools in a solitary part manufacturing atmosphere.
Why to learn?
The incorporated CAD/CAM capability allows one to handle design changes easily. User will be able to work with part models, create & assemble equipment, develop tool paths and model the entire machinery for 3D machine simulation in the specific environment.
CADD Center will help you to ace the associated features of NX CAD/CAM:
- CAD (Computer-Aided Design)
- Parametric solid modeling (direct modeling & feature-based)
- Freeform surface modelling (class A surfaces)
- Reverse Engineering
- Styling & Computer-Aided Industrial Designing
- Engineering Drafting/Drawing
- PMI (Product and Manufacturing Information)
- Analytics & Reporting, Verification & Validation
- Knowledge reuse, including knowledge-based engineering
- Sheet metal design
- Assembly modelling and digital mockup
- Routing for electrical wiring and mechanical piping
- CAM (Computer-aided manufacturing)
- NC (Numerical Control) programming
- Robotics Programming
- Solution Connectivity
- Hybrid Additive Manufacturing
- Student will be able to prepare Part Model.
- Student will know about Master Model concepts.
- Student will be able to do Modeling, Assembling and Drafting.
- Student will be capable to doing Advanced Programming, from simple NC programming to high-speed and multi-axis machining.
- Student will be able to do Programming Automation.
- Student will know about Post-processing and Simulation.
- Student will be able to do Programming Productivity.