ETABS stands for Extended Three-Dimensional Analysis of Building System.
It is a sophisticated and suitable special purpose analysis & design program particularly developed for building systems. Large and most complex building models are easily configured with its best-integrated systems and its abilities, it guarantees:
- Powerful tools with graphical and object-based interfaces help to create a CAD-like drawing.
- Improves structural engineer’s productivity in the building industries.
- Saves major time and has more efficiency over general purpose programs.
Why to learn?
ETABS can help one to convert their ideas into product designs quickly and effectively.
It enhances building system’s geometry learning ability.
Model creation & result reporting are done at object level in ETABS. It allows the designer to concentrate on macroscopic performance targets.
It is equipped to handle lateral procedures simply, Response Spectrum Analysis, Push-over analysis, and Response History Analysis. In ETABS – special purpose software, the data output options are more favorable to lateral design.
ETABS can be used for handling huge scale seismic projects including those that involve Non-Linear Modeling.
It has library files for various pre-designed or pre-built code-dependent formulations so the user can easily use it without re-defining the basic parameters based on the conditions.
CADD Center will help you to ace the associated features of ETABS:
- Modeling: How to create models in less time and interpret the results while working with the physical member based objects.
- Concrete Frame Design & Detailing: Applicable to line objects and the program determines the appropriate design procedure when the analysis is run.
- Steel Frame Design & Detailing: How to detail steel member selection, drift optimization and stress checking processes using various design code algorithms.
- Steel Connection Design: Design of steel connections is seamlessly integrated into the program.
- Composite Beam: To composite beams for determining their sizes for analysis, auto select-section property can be defined.
- Dynamic Analysis: Various options from response spectrum analysis to large deformation nonlinear time analysis.
- Student will easily create models using objects and can understand the concepts when editing and creating complex models.
- Student will be able to recognize story levels and be able to input building data in a logical and easy manner.
- Student will have the ability to work with people spanning in different disciplines with productive, innovative, and communicative skills.
- Student will create only one model of the floor systems and the vertical and lateral framing systems to be able to analyze and design the entire building due to the integrated system of ETABS.
- Student can keep their design data and design intellectual property in graphics, tabular form or send it to a printer or export it to a database file or even save it as an ASCII file and manage them in a safe, centralized place. Student can let their team collaborate with them at any stage of product development.