ArchiCAD developed by Graphisoft is a CAD software tool for architectural BIM (Building Information Modelling). It provides dedicated solutions for handling all common aspects of engineering and aesthetics at the time of built environment design process— interiors, buildings, urban areas, etc.
ArchiCAD is the first CAD product that can be used to create both 2D drawings and parametric 3D geometry on a personal computer. Architectural product manufacturers and third-party vendors have compiled libraries of architectural components to use in ArchiCAD. To create new components the program includes GDL (Geometric Description Language).
ArchiCAD adds extra functionality and extensions from various free and commercial add-on products. It also provides additional data exchange possibilities with other software applications. ArchiCAD brings in a complete ecosystem of solutions to ease the finding, creation, and sharing of custom BIM Components.
Why to learn?
ArchiCAD is a total design suite which includes 2D and 3D drafting, visualization and other functions for designers, planners, and architects. ArchiCAD course will help one to learn a broad range of software applications that cover the design needs of an architectural office like:
- 2D CAD creating tools for drawing detailed & accurate technical drawings.
- 3D Modeling a 3D CAD interface specially developed for architects capable of creating various kind of building forms.
- Architectural rendering and Visualization software a high-performance rendering tool to produce photorealistic pictures or videos.
- Desktop publishing with similar features to mainstream DTP software to compose printed materials using technical drawings pixel-based images and texts.
- Document management a central data storage server with remote access, versioning tool with backup and restore features
- Building information modeling software not just a collection of the above-mentioned applications with an integrated user interface but a novel approach to building design called BIM
CADD Center will help you to ace the associated features of ArchiCAD:
- Working with parametric objects
- Collaboration and remote access
- APIs and scripting
- Data Interchange
- MORPH feature
- Modeling capabilities
- Energy Evaluation
- Student will know how to work with smart objects i.e. data-enhanced parametric objects.
- Student will be able to create a virtual building using virtual structural elements like slabs, walls, doors, roofs, furniture and windows; and also they will know to use a large variety of pre-designed, customizable objects that come with the program.
- Student will learn to work with 2D or 3D representations on the screen; export two-dimensional drawings.
- Student will learn how to generate plans, elevations, and sections from the 3D virtual building model and update changes.